Life Skills II - Group Training
Age: 6 months +
Prerequisites: Completion of Life Skills I, or dog with advanced obedience
Duration: 6 weeks, 1 hour session per week
Price: $200 + HST
What to Bring to Class:
- Proof that your dog’s vaccines are up to date OR had its second round of vaccinations at least 7 days before beginning classes
- Lots of small tasty treats that your dog loves
- Clicker (available for purchase at the Ruff House)
- A treat pouch if you have one
- Regular 6-foot leash and dog collar
- Anyone who will be also in the household or handling the dog in addition to you
Life Skills II – Group Class is for those who want a dream dog, the ‘example’ dog. This course will not only teach you how to train your dog advanced skills but you will also learn principles and how to apply them for life long training.
We will build more advanced skills in the most difficult scenarios, such as in front of a plate of food, introduction of new people, a ringing doorbell and new dogs! Using a clicker and positive reinforcements we will challenge you and your dog. Some of our topics will include:
- Calming and Focus Exercises
- Off leash recall
- Off leash Drop
- Off Leash "Heel & Right"
- Retrieve (play fetch)
- A few "party tricks" for fun
Participants must attend all 6 classes to receive a course certificate. There are no re-do classes.