Advanced Puppy - Group Class
Age: 13 -22 weeks old
Prerequisites: First Round Vaccinations
Duration: 6 weeks, 1 hour session per week
Price: $150 + HST
What to Bring to Class:
- Proof that your dog had its first round of vaccines at least 7 days before beginning classes
- A lot of small tasty treats that your dog loves
- Clicker (available for purchase at the Ruff House)
- A treat pouch if you have one
- Regular 6-foot leash and dog collar
- Anyone who will be also in the household or handling the dog in addition to you
Advanced Puppy – Group Class is where we learn more advanced skills, but is still really about fun and socialization for you and your dog. We want to build on your practice with your growing puppy. Your skills will be put to the test as your dog will start to test your boundaries and see what they can get away with. It is very important to reinforce your dog’s current commands but continue to learn new skills.
Each hour long class will consist of 45 minutes of discussion, examples and instruction to build the simplest manners and obedience commands with you and your dog. This is an invaluable time to work with your dog on these skills with high levels of distraction and fun just feet away from them!
After our hard work, we finish each week with 15 minutes of coordinated off leash play and socialization time. We want our pups to put to use their good manners and greetings. This session will be more controlled to really build your dog's confidence and ability to interact with any dog they meet.
Along with some fun surprises along the way, some of the basic commands you will learn are:
- Advanced Sit
- Advanced Down
- Coming when called
- Walking on a loose leash
- No jumping
- Introduction to clicker training
Participants must attend all 6 classes to receive a course certification. There are no re-do classes.